[R-SIG-Mac] Recurring problem to run R with SPSS 24

Andreas Schröder andreas.j.schroeder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 00:08:51 CET 2016

Dear all,

my last post about the non-compatibility of R essentials with SPSS 24 could not be resolved and an employee of IBM suggested to install spss 22 which runs with R 2.15.  I purchased this “older licence” today.

So far so good, but already the installation of the required R 2.15.(2) does not work because apparently the installer does not recognise Sierra 10.12.2 as a newer built than OS X 10.  Any suggestions? Google search yields solutions that involve programming to my understanding which I am not capable of.

I am very frustrated right now because I feel simply cheated by IBM. Did anyone experience the same issue?

I did all installations exactly as suggested by the IBM manuals and simply want to run a Tobit-Regression.

Thank you for every input.

Best,

Andreas