[R-SIG-Mac] Problems with lzma headers file compiling R 3.3.1 under mac os x 10.7.5

Mick Jordan mick.jordan at oracle.com
Thu Dec 8 16:54:25 CET 2016

On 12/8/16 6:06 AM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> I strongly recommend using the supported library binaries from http://r.research.att.com/libs/ (see the R-admin manual C.3 section) since macports are notoriously problematic when mixing with "native" applications.
We had similar problems building GNU R on a variety of machines (outside
our control, i.e. no root access) that were using Brew and/or Macports
for installing third party libraries, (and similar problems on some
Linux systems actually). The way we solve it is to add  the location
where the package manager installs headers to CFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/CXXFLAGS
and the library location to LDFLAGS. E,g for Macports:

PKG_INCLUDE_FLAGS_OVERRIDE=-I/opt/local/include
PKG_LDFLAGS_OVERRIDE=-L/opt/local/lib
./configure CFLAGS=$PKG_INCLUDE_FLAGS_OVERRIDE etc.

Mick