[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with make.shared

Flora O'Brien fjmobrien at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:31:20 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to use a biom table (generated in QIIME) for Alpha and Beta diversity analysis in mothur (using the make.shared(biom=example.biom) command), but it keeps producing an empty file with this error message:

[ERROR]: you file does not have a type provided.
[ERROR]: you file does not have a matrix_type provided.
[ERROR]: you file does not have a matrix_element_type provided.
[ERROR]: you file does not have a rows provided.
[ERROR]: you file does not have a columns provided.
[ERROR]: you file does not have a shape provided.
[ERROR]: you file does not have a data provided.

Any ideas why?  I've attached my biom file.