[R-SIG-Mac] Package management in R

Chris Yang bhpchg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:04:11 CEST 2015

Thanks David. What if I set up my .libPaths so that all packages
(except those installed by default with R) reside in a single location
outside of 'Framework' directory? So when I upgrade R to a major
version (e.g. 3.x to 3.y), the new version will continue to use
packages at that location, would it be OK?

I am not worried about losing older versions or their source files, in
fact, I am concerned with the opposite - having older versions lying
around unused and I want to clear those up. It's good to know that
packages for a current major version get overwritten so no older file
is left dangling.