[R-SIG-Mac] Error message from R package installer

Jayasankar C B cbjayasankar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:30:37 CEST 2015

Respected sir,

After installing R, I tried to install the packages from
Packages and Data -> Package installer -> Get list.
After some minutes it is showing
Warning: unable to access index for repository
https://cran.mtu.edu/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.2

I am a new R user. Please help me to install the packages. In my R console
sessionInfo() gives;

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.2.2 (2015-08-14)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)
Running under: OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely

 *Jayasankar C B*

* CSIR Fourth Paradigm Institute (CSIR - 4PI),
 National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL) Belur Campus.
 Bangalore 560 037, India. *