[R-SIG-Mac] Experiences with El Capitan

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 03:51:14 CEST 2015

The simplest way to fix your issue is to symlink R to /usr/local/bin, e.g.

    ln -s /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/R /usr/local/bin/R

Or, as Professor Ripley said in his initial post, R installers from
3.2.2 on El Capitan will now install a symlink at /usr/local/bin/R, so
you might want to just re-install or update R.

Updating the CLT is normally just a matter of downloading the latest
version of Xcode from the App Store, if I understand correctly. (You
may need to read + confirm a license agreement on your next run of the
clang compiler -- try running 'clang' after installing Xcode to see if
you're prompted)

Kevin