[R-SIG-Mac] value of FLIBS and installation of packages from source

Chris Paciorek paciorek at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 3 00:31:28 CET 2015

I may have been unclear in my original message -- I had gfortran 4.2.3
installed previously and was having the problem with that older
version installed.  With 4.2.3, if I _manually_ set FLIBS in
etc/Makeconf to point to /usr/local/gfortran/lib, then the problem
went away.

Once I installed 4.8.2, things were fine without having to change
FLIBS in etc/Makeconf.

chris