[R-SIG-Mac] value of FLIBS and installation of packages from source

Chris Paciorek paciorek at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 2 22:50:49 CET 2015

Thanks, that worked. But is it a concern that users can't easily
install a package on OS X from source? Perhaps not since there should
be Mac binaries for packages on CRAN?

In particular, on CRAN (https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools/)
I was seeing gfortran 4.2.3 and overlooked the note about more recent
Fortran binaries.  But even in clicking on that link to get to
http://r.research.att.com/tools/, I don't see the 4.8.2 version.
Should any of these items be updated?  It's not clear to me how one
would find 4.8.2 if one didn't know where to look.

chris