[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with GSUB in PEIP

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon May 4 22:22:42 CEST 2015

You may want to report to the maintainer - the GSVD sources have the following which is completely broken:

> GSVD
function (A, B)
{
    SS = Sys.info()
    ssysname = SS[[1]]
    if (ssysname == "Linux") {
        lpath = paste(R.home(), "/lib/libRlapack.so", sep = "")
    }
    else {
        lpath = paste(R.home(), "lib/i386/libRlapack.dylib",
            sep = "")
    }
[...]
    dyn.load(lpath)

It seems like the author failed to use the proper flags for linking LAPACK and then tried to hack around it in a horrible way that doesn't really work.

I suppose this happens when you don't even have a single test that a particular function works otherwise CRAN checks would not allow it in...