[R-SIG-Mac] checking for pdflatex

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Mar 17 17:33:52 CET 2015

Dear JJ,

No need to apologize.

Yes, for me pdflatex is in /usr/texbin, and this seems to be reasonably standard.

As you may have seen, Brian Ripley says that it's OK for me to add /usr/texbin to the PATH if it's not already there, and that's what I've now done in the Rcmdr package. This solves the problem for the Rcmdr running under R.app but not the more general problem of rmarkdown failing under R.app outside of its use in the Rcmdr.

Best,
 John

---