[R-SIG-Mac] checking for pdflatex

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 17:21:11 CET 2015

On Mar 15, 2015, at 6:29 PM, John Fox wrote:

> Dear Jordan,
>
> I'm not looking for an R package, I'm looking for the pdflatex program.

In a Terminal session pdflatex does not appear to be on the bash path:

my-computer-name:~ myusername$ which pdflatex

# Nothing

Whereas in an R.app session (in OSX 10.7.5)

> system("which pdflatex")
/usr/texbin/pdflatex

Conversely when I do this on my Yosemite equipped laptop si the the oppostite. The PATH for The R GUI does not include/usr/texbin/ while the bash PATH does.

Perhaps this helps?

--
David.