[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.1.2 & Yosemite GUI slowness

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Mar 12 02:06:17 CET 2015

On Mar 11, 2015, at 6:07 PM, David Dobolyi <dd2es at virginia.edu> wrote:

> I can confirm the problem does not occur in 3.1.1 and only started with 3.1.2. The R.app GUI version in 3.1.1 was 6784 and in 3.1.2 was 6833, so it seems like some regression was possible between builds within GUI version 1.65?

No, the SVN revisions are shared with other R packages that why the revisions change even if the sources don't (see svn diff -r 6784).

> Build 6912 in 3.1.3 for Mavericks still exhibits the behavior as Yan mentioned.

That is odd - the only explanation I can think of would be changes in Xcode versions, i.e. in the toolchain. I'll check when I'm back on a Yosemite machine.

Thanks,
Simon