[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.2.0 Mavericks/Yosemite: help.search showing error

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 16:51:53 CEST 2015

Well, it's what I got 2 days ago from http://r.research.att.com/

> Please test with the current RC - it's pointless to report things on old releases that have been fixed since ... I really don't know how else we can make this more simple - we have nightly builds as easy to install as the releases and still people don't bother testing them until it's too late :(

I went to your site on Saturday. Downloaded the available Mavericks releases. Both of them. One threw the error. One simply failed to load.

http://r.research.att.com/mavericks/R-3.2-branch/R-3.2-branch-mavericks-signed.pkg is different that what I got  2 days ago. Yes. the error is corrected.

--

David.

>> Copyright (C) 2015 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
>> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)
>>
>> R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>> You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
>> Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
>>
>> Natural language support but running in an English locale
>>
>> R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
>> Type 'contributors()' for more information and
>> 'citation()' on how to cite R or R packages in publications.
>>
>> Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
>> 'help.start()' for an HTML browser interface to help.
>> Type 'q()' to quit R.
>>
>> [R.app GUI 1.65 (6931) x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0]
>>
>> [History restored from /Users/davidwinsemius/.Rapp.history]
>>

>>> help.search("test")
>> Error in help(db[i, "topic"], package = db[i, "Package"], lib.loc = lib,  :
>> 'topic' should be a name, length-one character vector or reserved word
>>> sessionInfo()
>> R version 3.2.0 (2015-04-16)
>> Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)
>> Running under: OS X 10.10.3 (Yosemite)
>>
>> locale:
>> [1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8
>>
>> attached base packages:

>> [1] tools_3.2.0
>>
>> Best;
>> David,