[R-SIG-Mac] segfault 'memory not mapped'

Samantha L. Cox slc77 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 20:39:01 CEST 2015

I have a new Macbook Pro laptop running OS10.10.3 and have just installed the latest version of R (v.3.2.1) on it.  Now whenever I use fix() and close the data frame R crashes:

[R.app GUI 1.66 (6956) x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0]

[History restored from /Users/SamCox/.Rapp.history]

> test<-data.frame(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)
> fix(test)

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x7fff00010bb0, cause 'memory not mapped'

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace

Selection:

This happens no matter whether I import my own data or create new data within R.  A response on StackOverflow to someone having the same issue suggested that they post to this group, but I did not see a relevant post in the thread history.  I have uninstalled and redownloaded and reinstalled but to no avail.  I am not sure what other information to give, as I am still relatively new to the software, but I have used R on a older laptop for the past year with no issues and I’m not sure if this is a problem with R, OS X Yosemite, or just my computer.  Any information or advice you could give would be welcome.

Best,
Sam