[R-SIG-Mac] hangs under Yosemite redux

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Mon Jan 26 21:50:56 CET 2015

Back to that question of the gui hanging at commands like "Save As" I
brought up a few weeks back.   Someone posted a similar question to SO
and someone else posted the following claim:

"Apparently, this is a bug in R's GUI. Some OS X features/libraries that
used to be in place in earlier versions of OS X have been removed in
Yosemite.

You can work around this bug by running R from the terminal / command
line. Fire up the terminal app (quickest way is to use Spotlight search:
cmd+space -> terminal), and type the following command:

/Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/R
"

Is this possible? rational?  I don't know how Yosemite cranks up an
executable, so have no idea how booting the R-executable directly might
differ from a Finder double-click.

What I did find is that the Terminal window gives me the following warnings:

"

2015-01-26 15:48:55.319 R[57903:2792043] Failed to connect
(cancelButton) outlet from (SelectList) to (NSButton): missing setter or
instance variable
2015-01-26 15:48:55.319 R[57903:2792043] Failed to connect (okButton)
outlet from (SelectList) to (NSButton): missing setter or instance variable
"

Carl

--

Sent from a parallel universe almost, but not entirely,
nothing at all like this one.