[R-SIG-Mac] graphics problem from Macintosh system software

Charles Berry ccberry at ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 18 05:05:21 CET 2015

Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth <at> univie.ac.at> writes:

> Do you have any idea under what circumstances this happens.

I am getting a bunch of CGContext* error messages, too. But not exactly
those listed by Rich.

I can reproduce them by running R-3.2.3 from a terminal, typing
`example(hclust)', hitting RET to display all the plots, then clicking on the
green button on the graphics window once to enter full-screen, and once to
resize.

I get the further message:

"If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE
environmental variable."

and Googling it leads to https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/13683,
which has posts saying this is an Xcode issue and had a message as recently as
yesterday saying that it is still a problem.

Chuck