[R-SIG-Mac] X11 support on OSX 10.10.4

Jordan Bates jtbates1 at asu.edu
Tue Aug 4 05:05:17 CEST 2015

I have XQuartz installed via the official package.  I have X11 support
working now with CRAN's R.  I found that the error was actually different
with R installed from CRAN's pkg that with homebrew's R.  I just didn't
have the DISPLAY variable set, which was fixed with:

> $ launchctl load -w
> /Library/LaunchAgents/org.macosforge.xquartz.startx.plist

With homebrew's R, X11 support is not compiled in and the R_X11.so module
is not there.  I still haven't been able to figure that out.