[R-SIG-Mac] cairo devices not working in 3.2.0

Noam Ross noam.ross at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:32:52 CEST 2015

I recently upgraded to 3.2.0 on OSX Mavericks, and found that cairo devices
do not work.

    > capabilities("cairo")
    cairo
    FALSE

If I run `svg()`, `cairo_png()` or `cairo_pdf()`, I get an error similar to
this:

    In cairo_pdf(tf, width, height, pointsize, FALSE, family, bg,
antialias) :
        unable to load shared object

'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs//cairo.so':

 dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs//cairo.so,
6): image not found

If revert to 3.1.3 by re-installing the binary, `capabilities("cairo")` is
TRUE, and these devices work fine.  Is this a bug or expected behavior?