[R-SIG-Mac] Maverick 10.9.5

Hugo Gómez Rueda hugomez57 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 06:23:33 CEST 2014

Greetings
I hope you find well when you read this. I recently update my OS to
Maverick 10.9.5, (
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1760?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US). My Mac
is a MacBook White with 8GB of Memory, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. However,
in R version 3.1.1 (2014-07-10) Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0
(64-bit) I have the next problem, when the script calls to splines library
(the most recent version) and later goes to make a count, the process stops
and the error appears.

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x0, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: .Call("countcorrelations", todata, c(0.5, 0.7, 0.9))
 2: t(.Call("countcorrelations", todata, c(0.5, 0.7, 0.9)))

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection:
Selection:

I tried to remember this err, and if my memory don´t betray me the last
time that these err appeared was when I updated the IOS from Lion to
Maverick, and I had to re-recopilate the R-GUI and reinstall the R software
to Maverick version, but now I dont have any posible answer.

--

Hugo Gómez-Rueda MD MSc
Maestría en Ciencias Escuela de Biotecnología y Salud