[R-SIG-Mac] "command not found" from system() call in GUI with proper PATH

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 02:12:22 CEST 2014

And more bizarrely, if I launch RStudio from the terminal, there are
_two_ PATH variables set:

> Sys.getenv()[names(Sys.getenv()) == "PATH"]
                                                                   PATH
"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/texbin"
                                                                   PATH
"/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/texbin"

I am curious if the same behaviour is seen in R.app when launched from
the terminal (AFAIK, RStudio does not try to munge the PATH or
anything else on startup)

Kevin