[R-SIG-Mac] sh: convert: command not found

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 16:51:26 CEST 2014

On 24 Oct 2014, at 15:03 , Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:

> I think it's better without so it is inherited implicitly, i.e.
> system(paste0("PATH=",shQuote(Sys.getenv("PATH"))," which pdflatex"))

OK, if it works, it works. The thing that worried me slightly is that standard unix logic is that

	FOO=bar baz

sets FOO in the environment of baz, and it was not obvious to me that setting PATH= affects the _shell_ while it is looking for baz. (This might be documented somewhere in POSIX?).

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501