[R-SIG-Mac] Yosemite and R

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:23:28 CEST 2014

Hi John,

Regarding your issue in RStudio and pdflatex -- this is a general
problem with any applications not launched from the terminal;
presumedly it would be seen in R.app as well when not launched from
the terminal (this is related to the forward-PATH-to-subprocesses
problem discussed earlier)

There is a prescription available on StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26491934/running-system-command-from-r-console-cannot-locate-installed-programs-since-upg

Cheers,
Kevin