[R-SIG-Mac] Yosemite and R

Ben Clark b.y.clark at csuohio.edu
Mon Oct 20 14:50:12 CEST 2014

Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek <at> r-project.org> writes:

> On Oct 17, 2014, at 5:01 PM, Gregory Sawyer <gdsawyer <at>
greatergood.com> wrote:

> >> I upgraded (over Mavericks) to Yosemite last night. R was already
installed and I have had no issues at
> this point.
> >>
> >> I don't normally use R.app and use Emacs with ESS, however, R.app
appears to be running without issue with
> the limited use that I attempted.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Marc Schwartz

> > I upgraded to 10.10 Yosemite this morning; R.app seems to be having
some problems launching, but not all
> the time.  It's crashed twice on startup, but the second attempt (e.g.
clicking 'Re-open' on the crash
> stack trace panel) seems to work.    (running a very recent 27-inch iMac
w/ 32Gib core, a 1tb drive, and a
> second 27-inch Apple LED cinema display, and I suspect it might be that
second display that's causing the
> problems, but that's just speculation right now.)
>
> If you have a crash, please send me the crash report. If in doubt, check
your preferences and startup files.

> I have been running Yosemite for quite a while and didn't see any issues
so far. Given how little changed in
> Yosemite I don't expect any changes to the Mavericks build at this point
(i.e. Mavericks will remain the
> base target for all recent OS X builds).
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

I've been having issues getting the 'tcltk' package to run. I had this with
Mavericks at first as well, but once X11 got updated the issue went away.
But alas for now X11 is up to date and a number of other other packages
that require the tcltk won't work. Good fun.
-Ben