[R-SIG-Mac] Yosemite and R

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 23:09:05 CEST 2014

> On 18 Oct 2014, at 17:23 , Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> Same here, I notice though that Java and Xquartz need reinstalls.
>>>
>>> -pd
>>

>> Peter,
>>
>> I had to do the same and my recollection is that the prior upgrade to Mavericks over Mountain Lion also required this.
>
> As the R-admin manual says, in both cases ....

.... not too surprisingly, but getting R to work tends to come second to whatever else might go pearshaped in a system upgrade. I did know that it had been tried with no unsolvable issues, I just forgot about the details.

One surprise that probably isn't in R-admin is that the Java plugin apparently no longer works with Firefox but still works with Safari, which is an annoyance since certain websites work with Firefox but not Safari. Oh well, someone will probably notice soon enough.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com