[R-SIG-Mac] poor quality png/tiff/pdf on mac

Colin A. Smith colin at colinsmith.org
Wed Nov 5 09:24:44 CET 2014

Hi Mark,

I assume you’re using a Mac. This problem comes from the way Quartz renders immediately adjacent filled polygons. To get around it, you can add type=“cairo” or type=“Xlib” as an argument to the tiff, png, or jpeg call. If you really want to make a PDF, I can post those instructions to the list, but it is a bit more involved and uses some custom code I’ve written.

Cheers,

Colin

PS: I would avoid cross-posting to multiple lists in the future. That’s generally frowned upon.