[R-SIG-Mac] Best installation approach of R on Mavericks for Emacs/Homebrew users?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 22 07:14:11 CEST 2014

On 21/05/2014 23:42, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:

> [...]

It is slightly wrong: you can build R from the sources emulating how it
is done for CRAN (and r.research.att.com): then type =
"mac.binary.mavericks" will work.  But very few people would have a need
of that.

However, the coverage for the Mavericks binary packages on CRAN is still
not as good as for Snow Leopard, and if you primarily use binary
packages we recommend the Snow Leopard CRAN binary.  The benefits of the
Mavericks build come when installing packages from sources.