[R-SIG-Mac] upgrade to Mavericks

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 28 16:45:22 CET 2014

Dear Rich,

Unless there's been some change, there is a potential issue using tcltk
because of Mavericks's more aggressive power-saving, which may cause your
Mac to go into "nap" mode when the R.app window isn't visible. There are a
couple of ways to get around this problem -- see the Rcmdr installation
notes for Mac OS X at
<http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/Rcmdr/installation-notes.html>
-- and it shouldn't prevent you from using Mavericks.

I hope this helps,
 John