[R-SIG-Mac] can't open R on Mac running Maverick

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Feb 25 18:37:37 CET 2014

On Feb 17, 2014, at 2:38 PM, Mark Pavlick <mpavlick at me.com> wrote:

>                                                                                                                              2/17
> List members:
>
>    When I try to open R version 3.0.2 on my MacPro running Maverick 10.9.1 I get the following error message:
>
> 2014-02-17 14:35:42.943 R[41667:707] Can't open input server /Users/my name/Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports
>
>    If anyone can explain this to me I'd appreciate it.

At the very least have a broken haxxie installed. I would strongly suggest removing ~/Library/InputManagers (or at least move it aside) since those haxxies get loaded into every application and major cause of crashes (see also Mac FAQ 12.4). Removing that problem may either solve the issue or unmask some other problem. In the latter case, please scan through the Mac FAQ to find a solution, otherwise post here with details.