[R-SIG-Mac] Is Yosemite now "safe" for most of us?

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 12:52:07 CET 2014

Also notice that Yosemite itself still has issues that were not or were only partially resolved in 10.10.1. I currently see

Peter-Dalgaards-MacBook-Air-2:BUILD pd$

which is better than 10.10.0 where I was up to -26 at some point, but the upgrade apparently  didn't resolve this (machine detecting itself as another machine) completely.

Rather more infuriating is that the UI is laggy, in particular, Finder can get so slow that it becomes nigh-on impossible to scroll to and select a simple file. I'm sure Brian would be (is being?) driven nuts by inertia of the zoom feature. Periodic reboots help, but this is supposed to be Unix...

And Firefox still doesn't speak Java - it detects the plugin, then claims that it is missing when you go to a page that uses it. Fortunately, the two sites that I needed it for have both switched to Javascript.

- Peter D.