[R-SIG-Mac] R Freezes while Document editing

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 5 05:43:20 CET 2014

Ah - sorry if this was unclear:
I don't know if the warning is related to the segfault. I just started noticing both at about the same time.
When the segfault occurs, R is frozen. The console displays an options dialogue for shutting it down, but accepts no input.

With several more freezes today a pattern seems to emerge: once I have edited for a while, the freeze happens when I select a part of a line of code.

B.