[R-SIG-Mac] R Freezes while Document editing

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 4 21:16:27 CET 2014

For a couple of days I have been seeing a (system generated) warning after I open a document, when I change focus into that document:
  2014-12-04 15:05:21.336 R[73463:707] ***
  WARNING: Method convertPointFromBase: in class NSView is deprecated on 10.7
  and later. It should not be used in new applications.

This occurs also if the document is empty, however not with a document that has been freshly created in a new session.

As well, I have experienced freezes (application not responding) right after R displays the segfault message, while
editing the script file. The freezes are intermittent, after about an hour of coding or so - I can't reproduce them
yet.

Updating to 3.1.2 has solved neither of the problems.

Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can contribute to get it solved?
Thanks!
Boris

-----
Mac OS 10.9.5
R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8/C/en_CA.UTF-8/en_CA.UTF-8

attached base packages: