[R-SIG-Mac] Check-for-updates didn't realize 3.1.1 is not current

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 4 16:40:59 CET 2014

I've recently been getting freezes while editing a script file and noticed on this list that the current R version is 3.1.2 (I was on 3.1.1). "Check for updates" had reported R 3.1.1 as being up to date. I downloaded the package from CRAN via the Web interface and it installed without a problem. I'll follow up on the freezes if necessary, for now I just wanted to report this anomaly of the updater, in case it's not a user error on my side.

Cheers,
Boris