[R-SIG-Mac] installing RMySQL

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Aug 18 16:03:28 CEST 2014

On Aug 7, 2014, at 3:33 PM, dweeks.pitt at gmail.com wrote:

> The other thing I did was set up symbolic links from /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib to /usr/local/mysql/libmysqlclient.18.dylib
>
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.18.dylib /usr/local/lib/libmysqlclient.18.dylib
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.18.dylib /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.18.dylib
>
> Maybe one of those symbolic links enabled R to find the library?

Check the IDs in your library (see otool -L) - if the symlink works then the ID doesn't match its actual location (or it's empty). Adjust it with install_name_tool -change if that's the case. Don't set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH it overrides the search path and cause a lot of trouble - if you have to then your binary is using the wrong ID. Obviously, you'll need to recompile the package when you change the ID.