[R-SIG-Mac] Missing binary packages for Mavericks

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Apr 12 05:36:08 CEST 2014

On Apr 11, 2014, at 11:11 PM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu> wrote:

> There are actually over 500 packages that do not have a mavericks build.

That's only a small fraction, it's not many more than the failures for the regular build.

> Maybe send some auto generated emails to maintainers?

Some 3rd party library dependencies are not currently available on the Mavericks build machine since they need to be rebuilt for 10.9. I'll try to build those in the near future so the number should go down over time. Given the fairly recent introduction of the Mavericks build, there are still things to iron out. People that don't want to be living on the edge can use the regular build instead.

> mav <- read.dcf(url("
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.1/PACKAGES"))
> osx <- read.dcf(url("
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/contrib/3.1/PACKAGES"))
> mav <- as.data.frame(mav, stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
> osx <- as.data.frame(osx, stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
> mav$Package[!(mav$Package %in% osx$Package)]
> osx$Package[!(osx$Package %in% mav$Package)]

FWIW there's available.packages() that does the job of pulling what you need.