[R-SIG-Mac] XQuartz

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 25 18:51:04 CEST 2013

And what does any of this have to do with XQuartz?  That is the
third-party X11 server/sub-system for OS X.  Perhaps the quartz() device
was meant ....

For the sake of those reading the archives, can we have a much clearer
statement of the actual problem?  There might be better solutions,
including quartz(type = "pdf') (which is closer to what 'Save As' from
the quartz() device does).

On 25/09/2013 13:31, R Erickson wrote:
> Thanks for sharing this! I always wondered what was the trick for
> creating multistage PDFs from R.
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM, R. Michael Weylandt
> <michael.weylandt at gmail.com> <michael.weylandt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sep 24, 2013, at 13:16, R Erickson <raerickson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> Rather than use XQuartz, avoid "printing" the image and use the
>>> pdf()/def.off() commands. Here's an example that I think answers your
>>> question:
>>>
>>> for(i in 1:10){
>>> x <- i*1:10
>>> y <- sqrt(x)
>>> pdf(paste("File",i,".pdf",sep=""))
>>> plot(x,y, main = paste("Test Case",i),type = 'l')

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk