[R-SIG-Mac] XQuartz

R Erickson raerickson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 19:16:49 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

Rather than use XQuartz, avoid "printing" the image and use the
pdf()/def.off() commands. Here's an example that I think answers your
question:

for(i in 1:10){
x <- i*1:10
y <- sqrt(x)
pdf(paste("File",i,".pdf",sep=""))
plot(x,y, main = paste("Test Case",i),type = 'l')
dev.off()
}

Note that the paste function gives you the file name within the pdf
function. Check out the ?pdf file to see how to change the width,
height, or file type.

If you are using ggplot2, ggsave can do similar things.

Does this help?

Richard