[R-SIG-Mac] Forking issues in Mavericks

Jeroen Ooms jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 30 23:13:27 CET 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Simon Urbanek
<simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:
> Ah, you're running it in R.app?

Well this was the easiest way to show it; the same problem appears
when forking form inside httpuv or so.

> Anyway, my hunch was correct - it's libcurl crashing in SSL trying to use CF.

I wish there was at least way to make situations like these fail more
gracefully... it's fine if the misbehaved child proc is killed, but
it's a bit painful that it also takes down its parent(s). There's
nothing we can do to catch these situations before it is too late?