[R-SIG-Mac] Forking issues in Mavericks

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Tue Oct 29 20:49:55 CET 2013

Same system, no error (on the shell). Debugging parallel processes is in general not easy - here is a thread on this using lldb: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14746315/how-to-attach-to-child-process-in-lldb. But first hope for an answer of a more experienced list user, who possibly knows how the processes are actually forked.

Are you sure, that you call just these commands? Or did you use these for a simple example? Usually the error comes up from the Core Foundation library, if a child process tries to fork unsafely.

Regarding the your problems with X11 though the answer from Steve sounds like a very good guess.

Best Simon