[R-SIG-Mac] Cairo / X11 problem in Mavericks

Simon Zehnder szehnder at uni-bonn.de
Sun Oct 27 21:19:22 CET 2013

Hi,

take a look in your Ressources/etc/Makeconf and your /.Renviron file and search for cairo. There is possibly a ‘stale’ path such that R is searching for a path that existed in ML but not in Mavericks. Check the path via locate in your shell.

Maybe it helps then, if you install the new Xcode developer tools for Mavericks via Xcode -> Xcode Developer Tools -> More Xcode Developer Tools.

Just a guess

Best
Simon