[R-SIG-Mac] Problems installing igraph

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Oct 25 04:42:36 CEST 2013

Michael,

we don't support macports so I cannot provide more than a general advice.

First, your output appears to deal with a dirty package - I don't see any compilation output and yet you have a dylib - that doesn't seem right. Make sure you're building from a clean tar ball (and *not* a directory!) - you have cut out the important part so we can't tell.

If you are sure that you're building off a clean tar ball then my guess would be that there is some problem with the linking flags used in igraph. R build process doesn't perform link-time symbol resolution, so errors in flags are not apparent at link time - they only show up at run-time. Typically, to trace issues like this, you'll search you libraries for the missing symbol and add that library to the link flags. nm is your friend when checking the symbols.