[R-SIG-Mac] Problems with Rcmdr via XQuartz on OSX Mavericks

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Nov 24 06:06:42 CET 2013

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the explanation -- that makes sense of the current behaviour. I think that you know that I'm not very knowledgeable about OS X. A couple of follow-up questions:

If you make this change to R.app, will the default be to disable App Nap or just to provide the check box?

If App Nap isn't disable by R.app by default, would it be possible to disable it under program control, e.g., when the Rcmdr package is loaded?

Best,
 John