[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.0.1 quits after a graphics command

Michael Herron mcherron at mac.com
Tue May 21 03:47:25 CEST 2013

Hello.

I am noticing what appears to be puzzling behavior in R 3.0.1.  If I start R (in Aquamacs, using ESS) and execute a graphics command, R quits.  See below.

If I open a graphics window with quartz() and then try to make a histogram, no problem.  But, graphics() and then dev.off() and then hist(x) will cause R to quit.

If I run R through a terminal as opposed to through Aquamacs, there are no problems.

I am running Mac OS X 10.8.3.

Any thoughts would be appreciate.

Thanks, mh

R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16) -- "Good Sport"
Copyright (C) 2013 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> .help.ESS <- help
> options(STERM='iESS', editor='emacsclient')
> x <- rnorm(100)
> hist(x)

Process R finished at Mon May 20 21:39:49 2013