[R-SIG-Mac] R quits on update.packages()

Michael Herron mcherron at mac.com
Wed May 29 03:28:05 CEST 2013

Hello.

I have installed 3.0.1 on an iMac.  I just logged in remotely, tried to update.packages(), and R quit.  For example:

[brahms:~] herron% R

R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16) -- "Good Sport"
Copyright (C) 2013 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> update.packages()
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
[brahms:~] herron%

I never get a chance to select a mirror; R just quits.

Any thoughts on this?  I have never seen this behavior before.

Thanks, mh