[R-SIG-Mac] using vecLib BLAS in 3.0

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Thu May 23 18:12:48 CEST 2013

> ... because it has nothing to do with R itself. It was merely a packaging bonus that inadvertently disappeared as we switched OS on the build machine. You can still do it yourself - either by copying the vecLib.dylib from the previous version

Yes, that's what I did.  I recently switched back from a locally compiled GotoBLAS to VecLib because that latter is consistently faster on my current machine (Retina MacBook Pro) and OS (10.8).  I've previously had issues with VecLib BLAS that prompted me to explore various alternatives, but they seem to have gone away ... so I'm very much in favour of resuscitating VecLib BLAS in the Mac installer package.

Best,
Stefan