[R-SIG-Mac] using vecLib BLAS in 3.0

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu May 23 03:25:31 CEST 2013

On May 22, 2013, at 6:29 PM, Chris Paciorek wrote:

> In R 2.15, one had the option of switching the libRblas.dylib symlink
> between libRblas.0.dylib and libRblas.vecLib.dylib. This is discussed in
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#Which-BLAS-is-used-and-how-can-it-be-changed_003f
>
> As of 3.0 (either 3.0.0 or 3.0.1), I no longer see libRblas.vecLib.dylib in
> the Mac binary, and therefore the instructions in the link are no longer
> accurate or vecLib is accidentally missing. I don't see any information on
> this in the "Changes in R" document.

... because it has nothing to do with R itself. It was merely a packaging bonus that inadvertently disappeared as we switched OS on the build machine. You can still do it yourself - either by copying the vecLib.dylib from the previous version or by symlinking the Accelerate framework. I'll see if I can restored it going forward.