[R-SIG-Mac] source() hangs on import

Don McKenzie dmck at u.washington.edu
Sat May 18 01:20:05 CEST 2013

I checked the archives since the release of R 3.0.0 and didn't see anything on this.

Trying to import data previously exported with dump(), source() hangs and I have to force quit R.  This happens with data objects
as small as 5 kb.  Has anyone encountered this and found a workaround?  Is there now a preferred method to export R objects?

Thanks for any suggestions.

on a macbook pro with 4 gb RAM.

> R.version
               _
platform       x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0
arch           x86_64
os             darwin10.8.0
system         x86_64, darwin10.8.0
status
major          3
minor          0.0
year           2013
month          04
day            03
svn rev        62481
language       R
version.string R version 3.0.0 (2013-04-03)
nickname       Masked Marvel

Don McKenzie
Research Ecologist
Pacific Wildland Fire Sciences Lab
US Forest Service

Affiliate Professor
School of Environmental and Forest Sciences
University of Washington

phone: 206-732-7824
dmck at uw.edu