[R-SIG-Mac] R-3.0.0: choice of gfortran compiler in install.packages()

Andy Jacobson (NOAA Affiliate) andy.jacobson at noaa.gov
Thu May 9 17:16:33 CEST 2013

Issue resolved.

I was unaware of the ~/.R/Makevars file, which indeed was specifying the wrong gfortran compiler.  To build the fields package correctly, I needed to specify the correct compiler and architecture in that file, as:

F77=/usr/local/bin/gfortran-4.2 -arch x86_64

Interesting that the .R/Makevars would override Makevars specified as arguments to install.packages().  Is this correct behavior?

Thanks to Davor Cubranic and Professor Ripley for help on this matter.

Best,

Andy

--
Andy Jacobson