[R-SIG-Mac] [R] Reading outdated .Rprofile file - SOLVED

Simon Kiss sjkiss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:19:41 CET 2013

Found it. The old list of functions that used to be found in the .rprofile file had actually been written to the .rdata workspace in my user root directory.
Sorry. Problem solved.
Thank you for your assistance.
Simon Kiss
On 2013-03-05, at 1:14 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

> Preamble: There is a dedicated R-Mac-SIG list where this would have been more appropriately directed. and followups should be directed there (and the R-help address removed so we do not have two simulatnaous threads.)
>
> On Mar 5, 2013, at 8:38 AM, Simon Kiss wrote:
>
>> Hi there:
>> I'm having a weird problem with my startup procedure. R.app is reading an unknown .Rprofile file.
>>
>> First, I'm on a Mac Os 10.6.8 running R.app 2.15.0
>
> There have been several updates to the R.app that went with R 2.15.0 that should not be at all disruptive to acquire. R.app version numbers are not in sync with R versions so that doesn't tell us what R.app you have. This is the current R.app (based on what is at the r.research.att.com website) : Mac OS X GUI rev. 6451
>

>> On startup
>>> getwd()
>> [1] "/Users/simon"
>>
>> But: the contents of my .Rprofile file in my home directory when viewed with a text editor are:
>
> What is your "home directory" and does your understanding agree with what you see when you use the Preferences panel from within a running version of R.app?
>
> <Snapz Pro XScreenSnapz028.png>
>

> I'm also running OSX 10.6.8, but R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26) Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit). Looking at the Get Info panel for the GUI I see I am also somewhat out-of-date: R.app GUI 1.53 (6335 Leopard build 64-bit).
>
> I noticed that R 2.15.3 is now available. (I had been checking over the last several days and this is the first time I noticed that it had appeared.)
>

>> .First<-function() {
>> 	 source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/trim.leading.R")
>> 	source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/trim.trailing.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/trim.R")
>>     source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/pseudor2.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/dates.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/andersen.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/tabfun.R")
>> 	source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/cox_snell.R")
>>  	source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/cor.prob.R")
>> 	   	source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/kmo.R")
>> 	   	source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/residual.stats.R")
>> 	   		source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/missings.plot.R")
>> 	}
>>

>> but then, when I type .First from the command line I get
>> function ()
>> {
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/sample_size.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/pseudor2.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/dates.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/andersen.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/tabfun.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/cox_snell.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/cor.prob.R")
>>   source("/Users/simon/Documents/R/functions/kmo.R")
> [...]

Simon J. Kiss, PhD
Assistant Professor, Wilfrid Laurier University
73 George Street
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
N3T 2C9
Cell: +1 905 746 7606

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments. Sending these documents puts pressure on many people to use Microsoft software and helps to deny them any other choice. In effect, you become a buttress of the Microsoft monopoly.

To convert to plain text choose Text Only or Text Document as the Save As Type.  Your computer may also have a program to convert to PDF format. Select File, then Print. Scroll through available printers and select the PDF converter. Click on the Print button and enter a name for the PDF file when requested.