[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.0.0 beta

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Wed Mar 20 18:08:57 CET 2013

Prof Ripley,

A quick note to indicate that it appears that the primary 'tests' directory, which contains the code and related files for running tools::testInstalledBasic() is not present in the current OSX binary package for 3.0.0 beta (http://r.research.att.com/snowleopard/R-3.0-branch/R-3.0-branch-snowleopard-signed.pkg).

As a consequence, the following fails:

> testInstalledBasic("both")
Error in setwd(file.path(R.home(), "tests")) :
  cannot change working directory

with the missing directory being:

> file.path(R.home(), "tests")
[1] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/tests"

Similarly, it seems that the individual 'tests' directories, where appropriate, for base and recommended packages (used via tools::testInstalledPackages()) are also not present in the current OSX beta binary package.

I presume that this may have been inadvertent in the preparation of this build prior to Simon's departure.

Beyond that, I also wanted to note and say thanks (Fritz?) for modifying Sweave so that the output now includes the line number for the chunk being processed. A major help for debugging.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz