[R-SIG-Mac] Mac - ‘tcltk’ is not available (for R version 3.0.1)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jun 17 22:15:38 CEST 2013

On Jun 17, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Satyam Mukherjee wrote:

> I need to install tcltk for using the tkplot option in igraph.
> I have Mac 10.6.8 and R version in 3.0.1 which I had upgraded using port
> install.

port install? That is not a CRAN binary which comes with Tcl/Tk. If in doubt install R from CRAN.

If you insist on your port version of R, you'll have to ask the maintainer of your port - you probably need to install all the Tcl/Tk  dependencies *before* you build R. Note that tcltk is a part of R, it is *not* a separate package. Also tkplot is not an R package, either - did you mean igraph?